Industrial Liaison & Technology Transfer
Goals & Principles
INL’s statutes pinpoints that the laboratory’s activities shall aim to:
- Assure world-class research excellence in its areas of activity.
- Create strong scientific communities in the field of nanoscience and nanotechnology across Member States, in close liaison with global-scale laboratories.
- Develop collaboration between universities and industries, as well as between public and private sectors, training researchers, and contributing to the development of a skilled work force for the nanotechnology industry.
- Organize and sponsor European and international co-operation in nanoscience and nanotechnology research.
- Set up intellectual property rules to make the results of its work and know-how available, enable technology transfer and protect its inventions.
- Develop systems to prevent and master nanotechnology risks.