Ultrafast Bio and Nanobiophotonics
Edite Figueiras is a Marie Curie COFUND postdoctoral fellow who joined the “Ultrafast Bio- and Nanophotonics” group led by Dr. Jana B. Nieder group in September 2015. Her work is focused on the development of plasmonic super-resolution microscopy.
She graduated in Biomedical Engineering, Biomedical Instrumentation and Biomaterials branch in 2007, and completed the integrated M.Sc. in Clinic Informatics and Bioinformatics branch in 2008 in University of Coimbra (Portugal). She completed the Ph.D. in Technological Physics in University of Coimbra (Portugal) and University of Angers (France) in 2012, where her work was focused on the evaluation of blood perfusion using optical techniques and algorithms for signal processing. As a post-doctoral researcher she worked 3 years in Tampere University of Technology, BioMediTech (Finland). In BioMediTech she worked in the development of real time, non-invasive and non-destructive imaging methods for live and high resolution imaging of 3D tissue engineered products over time, especially based in hydrogels. She projected a multi-modal imaging tool based in optical projection tomography (OPT), selective plane illumination microscopy (SPIM) and electrical impedance tomography (EIT) that is being built.
- AM Soto, JT Koivisto, JE Parraga, J Silva-Correia, JM Oliveira, RL Reis, Optical projection tomography technique for image texture and mass transport studies in hydrogels based on gellan gum, Langmuir 32 (20), 5173-5182, 2016.
- E Figueiras, AM Soto, D Jesus, M Lehti, J Koivisto, JE Parraga, J Silva-Correia, JM Oliveira, RL Reis, M Kellomaki, J Hyttinen, ’Optical Projection Tomography as a tool for 3D imaging of hydrogels’, Biomedical Optics Express, 5(10), 2014.
- E Figueiras, R Oliveira, CF Louren R Campos, RM Barbosa, J Laranjinha, LF Requicha Ferreira, FFM de Mul, A Humeau-Heurtier, ’Self-mixing microprobe to monitor microvascular perfusion in rat brain’, Med. Biol. Eng. Comput., 51(1-2), pp 103-112, 2013.
- E Figueiras, R Campos, S Semedo, R Oliveira, LF Requicha Ferreira, A Humeau-Heurtier, ’A new laser Doppler flowmeter prototype for depth dependent monitoring of skin microcirculation’, Rev. Sci. Instrum., 83, 034302, 2012.
- E Figueiras, R Campos, R Oliveira, LF Requicha Ferreira, FFM de Mul, A Humeau-Heurtier, ’Laser doppler flowmeters prototypes validation using Monte Carlo simulations’, Bioinformatics 2012 – Proceedings of the International Conference on Bioinformatics Models, Methods and Algorithms, pp. 24-33, 1st – 4th February 2012, Vilamoura (Portugal). Award: Best student paper award.