Filipe Alves is currently a research fellow in the Nanoelectronics Engineering Department (Nanodevices research group) at INL. His research is focused on the development of integrated inter-ocular eye pressure monitoring systems, based on MEMS pressure sensors. His research interests range from the design and modelling of MEMS sensors to the design of mixed-signal integrated circuits.
He obtained his PhD in the microelectronics research area, focusing on pull-in based MEMS inclinometers with integrated electronics at the University of Minho. Filipe has been a scientific visitor at the Delft University of Technology and at INL. Before joining INL he was an assistant professor at the Industrial Electronics Department of the University of Minho.
- Alves, F. S., Dias, R. A., Cabral, J. M., Gaspar, J., & Rocha, L. A. (2014).
High-Resolution MEMS Inclinometer Based on Pull-In Voltage.
Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, 24(4), 931-939.
- Dias, R. A., Alves, F. S., Costa, M., Fonseca, H., Cabral, J., Gaspar, J., & Rocha, L. A. (2015).
Real-Time Operation and Characterization of a High-Performance Time-Based Accelerometer.
Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, 24(6), 1703-1711.
- Brito, N., Ferreira, C., Alves, F., Cabral, J., Gaspar, J., Monteiro, J., & Rocha, L. (2016).
Digital platform for wafer-level MEMS testing and characterization using electrical response.
Sensors (Switzerland), 16(9).
- Esteves Moreira, E., Lima, V., Serra Alves, F., Cabral, J., Gaspar, J., & Rocha, L. A. (2016).
Full-gap tracking system for parallel plate electrostatic actuators using closed-loop control.
Sensors and Actuators, A: Physical, 244,174-183.
- Alves, F. S., Dias, R. A., Cabral, J., Gaspar, J., & Rocha, L. A. (2013).
High resolution pull-in inclinometer.
XXVII: The 17th International Conference on Solid-State Sensors, Actuators
and Microsystems, TRANSDUCERS/EUROSENSORS 2013, (June),928-931.