Helena Sofia Domingues
Sofia Domingues is a Scientific Associate in the Cell Mechanics Laboratory leaded by Inês Pinto. Sofia focuses her research in the field of myelination by combining super-resolution microscopy techniques and biosensing into computational models able to predict oligodendrocyte cell differentiation towards myelination. This knowledge can be used to explore drug discovery programs aimed at enhancing remyelination and/or modulation of myelin protection in clinical conditions of demyelination or myelin homeostasis deregulation such as multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injury, leukodystrophies, neuro-psychiatric disorders and age-related cognitive decline. Sofia holds a PhD in Biology from the Max-Planck Institute of Neurobiology (Germany) and the University of Coimbra (Portugal). Before joining INL, Sofia did a post-doc at IBMC/I3S-University of Porto (Portugal) from 2010-2016.
- Domingues HS, Cruz A, Chan JR, Relvas JB, Rubinstein B and Pinto IM
Mechanical plasticity during oligodendrocyte differentiation and myelination.
- Domingues HS, Portugal CC, Socodato R, Relvas JB
Oligodendrocyte, Astrocyte, and Microglia Crosstalk in Myelin Development, Damage, and Repair
Frontiers in Cell and Developmental Biology 2016 Jun 28;4:71
- Domingues HS, Mues M, Lassmann H, Wekerle H, Krishnamoorthy G.
Functional and pathogenic differences of Th1 and Th17 cells in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis
PLoS One. 2010 Nov 29;5(11):e15531. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0015531
- Pöllinger B, Krishnamoorthy G, Berer K, Lassmann H, Bösl MR, Dunn R, Domingues HS, Holz A, Kurschus FC, Wekerle H.
Spontaneous relapsing-remitting EAE in the SJL/J mouse: MOG-reactive transgenic T cells recruit endogenous MOG-specific B cells.
Journal Experimental Medicine 2009 Jun 8;206(6):1303-16. doi: 10.1084/jem.20090299
- Krishnamoorthy G, Saxena A, Mars LT, Domingues HS, Mentele R, Ben-Nun A, Lassmann H, Dornmair K, Kurschus FC, Liblau RS, Wekerle H.
Myelin-specific T cells also recognize neuronal autoantigen in a transgenic mouse model of multiple sclerosis.
Nature Medicine 2009 Jun;15(6):626-32. doi: 10.1038/nm.1975