2D Materials and Devices
Jérôme Borme is staff researcher in the team 2D materials and devices. He focuses his research in the area in the design and fabrication of devices based on graphene and other 2D materials, in particular to applications in biosensing. He is also responsible for the electron lithography at INL and designs the nanopatterning processes. At the educational level, he teaches lithography at University of Minho.
Jerome Borme received a diploma of Engineering from École Centrale de Lyon (Lyon, France) in 2002 and a doctoral degree in Physics from Université Joseph Fourier (Grenoble, France) in 2006. During his PhD studies, he worked on magnetic anisotropy and exchange coupling in thin magnetic films. Before joining INL, he has been post-doctoral researcher at INESC-MN (Lisbon, Portugal) working on applications of magnetic devices such as spin-valves to hard disk drive technology (2006-2009). He was also visiting scientist in Max-Planck-Institute (2010-2011) for Microstructure physics (Halle, Germany) to develop graphene preparation and study graphene properties by scanning tunnelling microscopy.
- Vieira N. C. S., Borme J., Machado G. Jr., Cerqueira F., Freitas P. P., Zucolotto V., Peres N.M.R., Alpuim P.
Graphene field-effect transistor array with integrated electrolytic gates scaled to 200 mm
Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter 28 085302 (2016)
- Alpuim, P., Cerqueira, M. F., Iglesias, V., Machado, G. and Borme, J.
Laser patterning of amorphous silicon thin films deposited on flexible and rigid substrates
Physica Status Solidi A, 213: 1717–1727 (2016)
- Costa J.D., Serrano-Guisan S., Borme J., Deepak F. L., Tarequzzaman M., Paz E. Ventura J., Ferreira R., Freitas P. P.
Impact of MgO thickness on the performance of Spin Transfer Torque Nano-Oscillators
IEEE Transaction on Magnetics 51:11 (2015)
- Leitao D.C., Coelho P., Borme J., Knudde S., Cardoso S., Freitas P.P.
Ultra-Compact 100 × 100 μm2 Footprint Hybrid Device with Spin-Valve Nanosensors
Sensors 2015, 15(12), 30311-30318
- Vermang B., Wätjen J. T., Frisk C., Fjällström V., Rostvall F., Edoff M., Salomé P., Borme J., Nicoara N., Sadewasser S.
Introduction of Si PERC Rear Contacting Design to Boost Efficiency of Cu(In,Ga)Se2 Solar Cells
IEEE Journal of Photovoltaics 4:6 (2014)