Nanomaterials for Energy
Lifeng Liu is currently the Leader of the Nanomaterials for Energy Storage and Conversion (NESC) group at INL. Dr. Liu focuses his research in the development of new nanostructured materials and their applications in electrochemical energy storage and conversion including water splitting, solar fuel production, lithium-/sodium-ion batteries, and supercapacitors.
Lifeng Liu has a PhD degree in Condensed Matter Physics from Chinese Academy of Sciences and did his post-doctoral work at Max Planck Institute of Microstructure Physics during 2007-2009. Before joining INL in 2011, Dr. Liu was a staff scientist and group leader at Max-Planck Institute of Microstructure Physics. He is Associate Editor of Science Letters Journal, and Editorial Board Member of Advances in Nano Research, Journal of Nanomaterials Science, and Science Advances Today.
- Li, W.; Gao, X. F.; Xiong, D. H.; Xia, F.; Liu, J.; Song, W. G.; Xu, J. Y.; Thalluri, S. M.; Fu, X. L.; Liu, L. F.*
Vapor-solid synthesis of monolithic single-crystalline CoP nanowire electrodes for efficient and robust water electrolysis
Chemical Science 2017, 8, 2952.
- Wang, X. G.; Li, W.; Xiong, D. H.; Petrovykh, D. Y.; Liu, L. F.*
Efficient and stable overall electrochemical water splitting using self-supported carbon paper electrodes integrated with bi-functional nickel phosphide catalysts
Adv. Funct. Mater. 2016, 26, 4067-4077 (highlighted as Frontispiece)
- Bao, X. Q.; Petrovykh, D. Y.; Alpuim, P.; Stroppa, D.; Guldris, N.; Costa, M.; Fonseca, H.; Gaspar, J.; Jin, C. H.; Liu, L. F.*
Amorphous molybdenum oxysulfide modified p-type silicon microwire arrays for efficient photoelectrochemical water splitting
Nano Energy 2015, 16, 130-142.
- Wang, X. G.; Kolen’ko, Y. V.; Bao, X. Q.; Kovnir, K.; Liu, L. F.*
One-step synthesis of self-supported nickel phosphide nanosheet array cathodes for efficient electrocatalytic H2 generation.
Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2015, 54, 8188.
- Kundu, M.; Ng, C. C. A.; Petrovykh, D. Y.; Liu, L. F.*
Nickel foam supported mesoporous MnO2 nanosheet arrays with superior lithium storage performance.
Chem. Commun. 2013, 49, 8459.