Nanofabrication for Optoelectronic Applications
Pedro Salomé is the group leader of the Nanofabrication for Optoelectronic Applications group (NOA) and received his Diploma in Physics Engineering and Doctoral degree in the field of Applied Physics from the University of Aveiro, Portugal, in 2006 and 2011, respectively. During his PhD studies, he performed short research stays at the Helmholtz Zentrum Berlin, Germany, and at the Federal University of Minas Gerais, Brazil. Between 2011 and 2013 he was the project manager of an industrial collaboration between the Ångström Solar Center, at Uppsala University, Sweden, and Corning Inc., USA. In 2013 he was awarded with a Marie Curie Individual Intra European Fellowship (IEF) and moved to the International Iberian nanotechnology laboratory (INL).
In 2015 he was hired as a staff researcher by INL and in 2016 he was awarded by the Portuguese Foundation for science and technology (FCT) with an FCT Investigator starting grant to fund his independent group. in January 2017, INL promoted him to a group leader. Pedro also holds a guest Assistant Professorship position at the Department of Physics at the University of Aveiro.
To this date, Doctor Salomé has published over 80 papers in peer-reviewed international journals and according to Scopus, he has over 3500 citations with a h-factor of 30. He has given 16 invited talks at institutes/workshops/conferences.
- Pedro M. P. Salomé, Bart Vermang, Rodrigo Ribeiro-Andrade, Jennifer P. Teixeira, José M. V. Cunha, Manuel J. Mendes, Sirazul Haque, Jêrome Borme, Hugo Águas, Elvira Fortunato, Rodrigo Martins, Juan C. González, Joaquim P. Leitão, Paulo A. Fernandes, Marika Edoff and Sascha Sadewasser
Passivation of Interfaces in Thin Film Solar Cells: Understanding the Effects of a Nanostructured Rear Point Contact Layer
Advanced Materials Interfaces, Volume 5, Issue 2, January 23, 2018
- R. Ribeiro-Andrade, S. Sahayaraj, B. Vermang, M. R. Correia, S. Sadewasser, J. C. González, P.A. Fernandes, P. M. P. Salomé
Voids in kesterites and the influence of lamellae preparation by focused ion beam for transmission electron microscopy analyses
IEEE JOURNAL OF PHOTOVOLTAICS, VOL. 9, NO. 2, MARCH 2019.
- J. M. V. Cunha, P. A. Fernandes, A. Hultqvist, J. P. Teixeira, S. Bose, B. Vermang, S. Garud, D. Buldu, J. Gaspar, M. Edoff, J. P. Leitão and P. M. P. Salomé
Insulator materials for interface passivation of Cu(In,Ga)Se2 thin films
IEEE JOURNAL OF PHOTOVOLTAICS, VOL. 8, NO. 5, SEPTEMBER 2018
- J.P. Teixeira, P.M.P. Salomé, B. Alves, M. Edoff, and J.P. Leitão
Evidence of Limiting Effects of Fluctuating Potentials on VOC of Cu(In,Ga)Se2 Thin-Film Solar Cells
PHYSICAL REVIEW APPLIED 11, 054013 (2019)
- S. Bose, J.M.V. Cunha, J. Borme, W.C. Chen, N.S. Nilsson, J.P. Teixeira, J. Gaspar, J.P. Leitão, M. Edoff, P.A. Fernandes, P.M.P. Salomé
A morphological and electronic study of ultrathin rear passivated Cu(In,Ga)Se2 solar cells
2019, Thin Solid Films 671, pp. 77-84