Diagnostic Tools and Methods
Silvina Samy is a PhD student at INL, enrolled in the International Doctoral Programme in Molecular and Cellular Biotechnology Applied to Health Sciences (BiotechHealth) from the University of Porto (Portugal) together with the Instituto de Ciências Biomédicas Abel Salazar (Portugal). She focuses her research in the areas of Microfluidics and Cell Biology.
She obtained her Master degree in Applied Biochemistry – Biotechnology specialization – (2015), Post-graduate degree in Health Sciences (2012) and Bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry (2010) from the University of Minho (Portugal); and her Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (2007) from the Health School of Viseu – Polytechnic Institute of Viseu (Portugal).
Silvina started her research career developing distinct 3D therapeutic strategies aimed for spinal cord injuries and peripheral nerve regeneration at the 3B’s Research Group (Portugal) and the Life and Health Sciences Research Institute (ICVS, Portugal). Later, during her master she focused on the design, testing and optimization of microfluidic platforms for nucleic acid separation and purification aimed for research and quality control purposes (Chemistry Research Centre and Center for Microelectromechanical Systems, CMEMS – UMinho).
In 2016, she joined INL as a research assistant focused on the isolation and characterization of rare cells using microfluidics.
- Pires AO, Mendes-Pinheiro B, Teixeira FG, Anjo SI, Ribeiro-Samy S, Gomes ED, Serra SC, Silva NA, Manadas B, Sousa N, Salgado AJ.
Unveiling the Differences of Secretome of Human Bone Marrow Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Adipose Tissue-Derived Stem Cells, and Human Umbilical Cord Perivascular Cells: A Proteomic Analysis
Stem Cells Dev. 2016. Jul;25(14):1073-83.
- Wrobel S, Serra S, Ribeiro-Samy S, Sousa N, Heimann C, Barwig C, Grothe C, Salgado AJ, Haastert-Talini K.
In Vitro Cell-seeded chitosan films for peripheral nerve tissue engineering.
Tissue Eng Part A. 2014 Sep;20(17-18):2339-49.
- Ribeiro-Samy S, Silva NA, Correlo VM, Fraga JS, Pinto L, Teixeira-Castro A, Leite-Almeida H, Almeida A, Gimble JM, Sousa N, Salgado AJ, Reis RL.
Development and Characterization of a PHB-HV based 3D Scaffold for a Tissue Engineering and Cell-therapy Combinatorial Approach for Spinal Cord Injury Regeneration.
Macromol Biosci. 2013 Nov;13(11):1576-92
- Silva NA, Moreira J, Ribeiro-Samy S, Gomes ED, Tam RY, Shoichet MS, Reis RL, Sousa N, Salgado AJ.
Modulation of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cell secretome by ECM-like hydrogels
Biochimie. 2013 Dec;95(12):2314-9.
- Cerqueira SR, Oliveira JM, Silva NA, Leite-Almeida H, Ribeiro-Samy S, Almeida A, Mano JF, Sousa N, Salgado AJ, Reis RL.
Microglia Response and In Vivo Therapeutic Potential of Methylprednisolone-Loaded Dendrimer Nanoparticles in Spinal Cord Injury
Small. 2013 Mar; 9(5):738-49