Ref.05.16.34 - Electrical/Electronics Engineer
Research Center: International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL)
Location: Braga, Portugal
Career Stage: 8+ years
Closing Date: June 12th 2016
Salary: Competitive package and benefits
The International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL) is seeking a highly-qualified, self-motivated Electrical/Electronics Engineer to join the Nano-IC Group. The group focus is on bringing advanced Nanoelectronics and MEMS researched and fabricated at INL into mainstream applications within the semiconductor, biomedical and environmental markets.
Within the framework of new projects aiming at the development of an integrated bio-sensing/detection system in water environment, we are looking for someone capable of handling the smart system integration of various bio-detection systems in a single miniaturized device to be deployed in river/ocean for in-situ tests.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing an embedded system (hardware/software) containing multiple bio-detection systems, robotic features for sample collection and long range data communications for post-processing. He/she will be part of a highly interdisciplinary team contributing with advanced bio-sensor technology for seamless integration of such bio-sensors hardware systems.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Engineer degree (MSEE) with 8+ years of experience as a Hardware Engineer or similar position.
• Strong coding experience for embedded applications in C/C++ targeting 8-, 16- and 32-microprocessors.
• Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets.
• Familiarity with embedded hardware architectures and its implementation in FPGA targets.
• Experience with both Digital and Analogue design (sensor front-ends and signal processing), including simulation tools (Matlab, SPICE and others).
• Experience in setting-up test environments with PCB design, debugging and test equipment, tools and methodologies.
• Capability to work both independently and concurrently within a small team environment.
• Past experience in the semiconductor professional area would be highly appreciated (SoC and ASIC Design and Testing).
• Additional experience with board system level communication interfaces and its use in embedded applications would be valuable (any relevant experience with USB, Bluetooth low energy, Low Power Wi-Fi or 4G/LTE data communications).
• The applicant should have past experience in working with international and cross-functional teams (excellent communication skills in English).
Relevant experience but not mandatory in mechanics/robotics would be considered:
• Experience with design and modelling tools (COMSOL, Autocad, Solidworks)
• Working knowledge of manufacturing tolerances of machining and fabrication processes (including mold injection).
What we offer
• Employment contract and competitive compensation package in line with those offered by other international research organizations. Staff will also benefit from the various social facilities available at INL.
• Access to state-of-the-art equipment and facilities.
• Highly competitive multidisciplinary research environment.
How to apply
To submit your application, please click on the "APPLY" button or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
International candidates are welcome to apply.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter describing their experience, curriculum vitae and two references.
Enquires should be directed to email@example.com
INL firmly adheres to a principle of non-discrimination.
The advertisement deadline may be extended at any time without previous notice taking into account the suitability and effectiveness of the recruitment process.
Since we expect to receive a large number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The final result will be published on our site at the end of the recruitment process.
Apply for this job!