Ref 08.16.64: EU Funded Project Support Official
Employer: Int. Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL)
Location: Braga, Portugal
Area of Expertise: Project Manager
Career Stage: 5 years post qualification experience (PQE)
Job Type: Full Time
Closing Date: September 30th 2016 WEST Time
Salary: Competitive package and benefits
The International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory - INL (http://www.inl.int), was founded under an international legal framework to perform interdisciplinary research and to deploy and articulate nanotechnology for the benefit of society. INL aims to become the world-wide hub for nanotechnology addressing society’s grand challenges with specific emphasis on Aging & Wellbeing, Mobility & Urban Living and a Safe & Secure Society.
The work undertaken by our research centre has a significant impact on people’s lives and societal benefit. The objective is to ensure that staff is employed on the basis of skills and requirements for the job and that there is a mutually beneficial relationship between INL’s expectations and the staff personal and professional career development. INL recruits from all over the world. We find the diversity and multiculturalism of our teams as well as family friendly working practices and benefits to be a great asset and an essential element in cultivating an attractive and inspiring workplace.
INL is seeking a qualified person with solid experience on planning and preparing proposal applications for the European Commission´s (EC) RTD & innovation funding programmes. The successful candidate should have sound knowledge of national and European funding sources and will engage with partner organisations and funding bodies to maximise external funding opportunities.
Job Requirements and Key Responsibilities
As an expert focused of European funded initiatives, the selected candidate will work with INL´s researchers to:
• Advise on EC research funding opportunities and provide support on the preparation and submission of grant applications;
• Support management of awarded projects and will play an active role in a range of initiatives and improvement processes jointly with INL´s team;
• Provide support to researchers in funding acquisition within EU funded RTD & innovation projects;
• Secure a “helpdesk” activity for INL´ research community relating to Q&S concerning eligibility requirements of RTD funding programmes and documentation needed;
• Identify calls for proposals within INL´s strategic RTD areas, within H2020 and other RTD programmes and promote these internally with researchers;
Experience and Personal skills
• Proven track record in writing and submitting proposals to European Framework funding programmes;
• Commercial skills required to recruit industrial and scientific partners;
• Highly organised and dynamic;
• Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
• University degree in a science or engineering field is required.
• English is the working language of INL. Upper advance level in oral and written English is required. Working knowledge of another language is an advantage.
What We Offer
• Employment contract and competitive compensation package in line with those offered by other international research organisations. The staff member will also benefit from the various social facilities available at INL.
• Highly competitive multidisciplinary environment.
How to Apply
International candidates are welcome to apply. Only applications in English will be accepted; The application is made online. Please click on the 'Apply for this job' button below;
Interested applicants should submit a motivation letter and a full curriculum vitae.
If your application is successful and you accept our offer of employment you will receive the employment agreement and all other relevant documents. If you are relocating, you will be given assistance by the HR Office.
If Your Application is Not Successful
We highly value the interest shown from applicants wishing to become a part of the INL experience. It is important for us to maintain good communications with candidates. No matter the outcome of the application, we always send the applicant an answer.
Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination Principle
INL is an equal opportunity organisation, committed to providing equal career opportunities and firmly adheres to a principle of non-discrimination in respect of gender, age, nationality, racial group, or any other possible discriminatory issues.
Enquires should be made to: email@example.com.
The advertisement deadline may be extended at any time without previous notice in order to improve the suitability and effectiveness of the recruitment process.
Apply for this job!