Analog and Digital Circuit Designer/Engineer
Research Center: Int. Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL)
Location: Braga, Portugal
Job Type: Full time
Career Stage: ~5 years experience
Date posted: March 12th 2015
Closing Date: April 11th 2015 (23:00 Lisbon time)
Salary: Competitive package and benefits
The International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory – INL (http://www.inl.int), a research institution with an international legal status, seeks a highly qualified self-motivated Analog and Digital Circuit Engineer to join the Nano-IC Group. The group´s focus is on taking advanced nanoelectronics, researched and fabricated at INL into mainstream applications within the semiconductor and biomedical markets.
We are looking for someone capable to be a major contributor to the development of biomedical hardware platforms and System-On-Chip (SoC) semiconductor components. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing complete hardware including the embedded software applications focusing in low noise and low power handheld solutions. The role includes the definition of such platforms, its design at PCB level, software development and test and characterization. We are looking for a team player to collaborate with the existing Hardware team with a solid experience in developing high hardware and embedded software.
Preferred skills and experience
• Bachelor degree with at least 5 years experience in the role, or MSEE degree with 3+ years of experience in the role
• Relevant design experience with Analog and Digital circuitry including the development of embedded software
• Experience in using analog blocks like ADC/DAC, Frequency synthesizers, mixers, amplifiers and filters.
• PCB design experience with layout and circuit level simulation using SPICE simulators
• Coding experience in C/C++ for low level, embedded development targeting 8-, 16- and 32-microprocessors (preferably, ARM family devices)
• Familiarity with embedded hardware architectures and its implementation in FPGA
• Capable of debugging and using test equipment, tools and methodologies for T&C
• Capability to work both independently and concurrently within a small team environment.
• The applicant should have strong enthusiasm for work and excellent communication skills in English.
Additional experience would be considered a plus and one or more items in the following list would be desirable:
• Specific experience in the design of timing blocks including PLLs, VCOs, and crystal oscillators within RF applications.
• Hands-on mixed-signal design (CMOS target processes) including either analog simulation (SPICE-type simulators) or digital design with standard cell libraries.
• Experience using the CAD design environment of Cadence, Synopsys or Mentor.
• Experience with board and system level communication interfaces (USB, Bluetooth low energy and Low Power Wi-Fi)
• Embedded and system software for those areas of application including image processing algorithms, DSP algorithms and wired (USB) or wireless (BLE, Wi-Fi) communication interfaces.
What we offer
• Employment contract and competitive compensation package in line with those offered by other international research organizations. Researchers will also benefit from the various social facilities available at INL.
• Fantastic opportunity to Access to state-of-the-art equipment and facilities.
• Highly competitive multidisciplinary research environment.
How to Apply
International candidates are welcome to apply.
The application is made online. Please click on the 'Apply for this job' button below.
Interested applicants should submit a motivation letter, a full curriculum vitae describing their experience and (2) references.
Enquires should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
INL firmly adheres to a principle of non-discrimination.
In view of the large number of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Apply for this job!