Ref.04.16.33 RE P013_Postdoctoral Researcher Specialist in Food Nanoencapsulation
Research Center: International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL)
Location: Braga, Portugal
Research Field: Food Science
Career Stage: Desirable 3~5 year of research after PhD
Contract duration: 2 years
Closing Date: May 6th 2016
Salary: Competitive package and benefits
The International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL) is seeking an experienced researcher (3- 5 years of active research after PhD), with a scientific background in Biotechnology, Food Science and Technology, Material Science or related area, to work in the development of new encapsulation systems to enhance bioactivity and improve the bioavailability of functional food ingredients.
The successful candidate will develop targeted and smart delivery micro and nano systems based on food grade biopolymers using different technologies, among others: coacervation, vibrational spray-dryer, electrospray or microfluidics.
Candidates with less than 3 years of active research after PhD may be considered if their profile and scientific record clearly match the required profile and scientific background.
Desired Skills and Experience
• PhD degree in Pharmacy, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biological engineering or related area.
• The candidate should demonstrate an outstanding international research track record in the field of food science and technology.
• Experience as a PI in competitive research projects.
• Experience in production/extraction of food grade biopolymers, micro and nanoencapsulation, assessment of in vitro bioactivity (e.g. antioxidant, antihypertensive or antimicrobial) and physical and chemical characterization techniques (Z-sizer, size exclusion chromatography, rheology).
• Experience in the supervision (or co-supervision) of post-graduate students (e.g. MSc).
• Strong motivation to work both independently and as part of a team in an interdisciplinary environment, with the ability to pay close attention to detail and to meet deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills and experience in the dissemination of results to the scientific community are expected
• Capable of establishing collaborative ties with distinguished academic groups and relevant industry partners.
English is the working language of INL. Therefore, excellent communication skills in English are required.
What we offer
• Employment contract and competitive compensation package in line with those offered by other international research organizations. Researchers will also benefit from the various social facilities available at INL.
• Access to state-of-the-art equipment and facilities.
• Highly competitive multidisciplinary research environment.
How to apply
The application is made online. Please click on the 'apply for this job' button below
International candidates are welcome to apply.
Interested applicants should submit a motivation letter and curriculum vitae.
Enquires should be directed to email@example.com
INL firmly adheres to a principle of non-discrimination.
The ad deadline maybe extended at any time without previous notice taking into account the suitability and effectiveness of the recruitment process.
In view of the large number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The final result will be published on our site at the end of the recruitment process.
Apply for this job!