Daniel G. Stroppa
Daniel G. Stroppa holds a Diploma (2007) in Engineering Physics from the Federal University of São Carlos, Brazil and a PhD (2011) in Mechanical Engineering from the State University of Campinas, Brazil, with the thesis “Nanocrystals modeling by advanced QHRTEM techniques”. During his doctorate, he worked on the quantitative characterization of oxide nanocrystals using transmission electron microscopy (TEM) and complementary techniques. As a post-doctoral researcher he stayed for 2 years (2011-2013) at the Ernst Ruska Centre in Forschungszentrum Jülich, Germany. There he worked with advanced TEM techniques aiming on the extraction of quantitative information from nanostructures with high spatial resolution. For this purpose he explored imaging and spectroscopy TEM approaches and theoretical calculations. In January 2013 he started as a Staff Researcher at the INL - International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory, where his research will be focused on the development of quantitative TEM techniques and their application to improve nanostructured semiconductor devices.
• Radovsky, G., Popovitz-Biro, R., Stroppa, D. G., Houben, L., Tenne, R. Nanotubes from Chalcogenide Misfit Compounds: Sn–S and Nb–Pb–S. Acc. Chem. Res., 2013, DOI: 10.1021/ar400138h.
• Stroppa, D. G., Zagonel, L. F., Montoro, L. A., Leite, E. R., Ramirez, A. J. High-Resolution Scanning Transmission Electron Microscopy (HRSTEM) Techniques: High-Resolution Imaging and Spectroscopy Side by Side. ChemPhysChem, 13, 437, 2012, DOI: 10.1002/cphc.201100729
• Brontvein O., Stroppa D. G., Popovitz-Biro R., Albu-Yaron A., Levy M., Feuerman D., Houben L., Tenne R., Gordon J. M. New High-Temperature Pb-Catalyzed Synthesis of Inorganic Nanotubes. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 134, 16379, 2012. DOI: 10.1021/ja307043w
• Stroppa D. G., Righetto R. D., Montoro L. A., Ramirez A. J. MEGACELL: A nanocrystal model construction software for HRTEM multislice simulation. Ultramicroscopy, 111, 1077, 2011. DOI: 10.1016/j.ultramic.2011.03.013
• Stroppa D. G., Montoro L. A., Beltrán A., Conti T. G., da Silva R. O., Andrés J., Longo E., Leite E. R., Ramirez A. J. Unveiling the Chemical and Morphological Features of Sb:SnO2 Nanocrystals by the Combined Use of HRTEM and ab Initio Surface Energy Calculations. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 131 (40), 14544, 2009. DOI: 10.1021/ja905896u