Open Calls for Business
INL Incubation Program
INL provides a business acceleration program and incubation services for nanotech-based startups with global ambitions.
- Strong Emphasis on market needs, product and worldwide market fit;
- Program (up to 10 start-ups) allowing for very personalized services;
- Provides access to over 30M€ million worth of equipment;
- Provides access to an international network of mentors (business, financial, legal and communication areas);
The Incubation at INL is oriented to high tech start-up projects incorporating nanotechnology concepts and research activities. The aim is to create optimal conditions for the development of innovative companies based on nanotechnology.
All potential entrepreneurs and early stage companies (up to 3 years) are encouraged to contact INL to evaluate their business idea and get assistance in the development of their proof of concept or prototype.
NOURISH is an initiative promoted by INL (International Iberian Laboratory of Nanotechnology), co-financed by PT 2020 Program under the reference POCI-01-0246-FEDER-026767, with the objective of establishing an interactive marketplace for pilot production facilities and, simultaneously, provide rapid prototyping services in the areas of nanotechnology and advanced materials.
Open to companies, startups and entrepreneurs that meet the following criteria:
- Participants must be established in Portugal.
- The Project must be implemented in Portugal.
- The Project proposed must aim a solution evolving nanotechnology based concepts.
- The Project must have a marketed oriented application in any of the applied research areas of INL: health, food and environment, information and communication technologies and renewable energy.
- It is highly valued that Projects have demonstrated feasibility at laboratory scale (Technology Readiness level above 4).
Projects selected will be entitled to a prize consisting of the following:
- Mentoring support on design, technical requirements and legal issues related to product certification and intellectual property rights;
- A sixty thousand euros (€60,000.00) of in-kind contribution to be used in services of rapid prototyping related with the implementation of the Project and to be executed within a maximum period of six months after its award.
- Access to the European Pilot Facility Network, benefitting from all the advantages of being part of an integrated marketplace for pilot production facilities and innovation hubs.
This doesn’t substitute the full reading of the Nourish RPI Regulation. The Nourish RPI Regulation will be available soon.
Calls opening soon.
Ready to Innovate? We are looking for great early-stage entrepreneurs to enter in a 6-month accelerator program.
The FUEL Project encourages the generation of new ideas supporting qualified and creative entrepreneurship, promote design-based thinking, and support pilot validation of the ideas in the national and international entrepreneurship ecosystem.
We are looking for great ideas that combine technology and creativity.
We believe in hi-tech entrepreneurship but what is technology without a design thinking approach?
We are seeking for projects that have a good approach on the technology side but also willing to integrate designers and creative people in the process of starting a great market-oriented project.
- Innovate approach
- Technical Feasibility
- Team Complementarity
- Fit to the Program Ecosystem and Network
- Market potential and Scalability
Acceleration and Prototyping programme
- Work through your business model with experts that will help improve communication and value proposition;
- Free access to a pool of Entrepreneurs, Artists of Cultural and Creative Industries, mentors, business specialists and Investors, that can support communication, interaction and information relevant to your project;
- Scale up your project by accessing the start of art facilities and equipment, turning an idea into a product/process.
During the program execution, we will support teams to have access to lab equipment and resources that will help teams to create their products and processes.
The FuEL Room accelerates breakthroughs by:
- Reducing the time start-ups take to access relevant resources that allow them to validate their concepts
- Ensuring that start-ups retain their intellectual property
- Supporting scientific capabilities by using partners available equipment and labs
- Reducing the costs of prototyping
This information doesn’t substitute the full reading of the FuEL Regulation (available soon).
Get the chance to have free support in the prototyping phase and free co-working space during six months that will happen in parallel with the acceleration program. Get connected to a network with over 70 entrepreneurs, investors, industry experts and executives. Furthermore, each of the selected projects that will manage to have a viable project plan will get the chance to enter in an International Roadshow in United Stated to pitch their projects.
Call for Projects will be launched middle of March 2018.
Be one of the 8 projects selected to take part in this great adventure.