Ultrafast and Bio-Nanophotonics
Dr. Beatriz Santiago González is a Marie Curie COFUND Research Fellow at the Department of Nanophotonics, within the Ultrafast Bio- and Nanophotonics group. Her research revolves around the synthesis and experimental investigation of the optical properties of fluorescent colloidal nanomaterials for biomedical theranostics.
Beatriz gained her PhD in chemistry at the University of Santiago de Compostela (Spain) in 2012 within a European funded project, which allowed her to be trained in a wide range of synthetic protocols for producing colloidal nanomaterials. After that, she had the opportunity to become a postdoctoral researcher within an advanced spectroscopists’ group at the Department of Materials Science of the University of Milano Bicocca (Italy), where she personally built her own research line in nanochemistry, learning the photophysical properties underpinning fluorescent nanoparticles. In 2017, awarded with a postdoctoral fellowship by Bioengineering Institute of Technology, she moved to Universitat Internacional de Catalunya (Spain), where she worked on the design of nanomaterials as new smart delivery vehicles for regenerative medicine. During this period, she supervised 6 MSc students and she participated and supervised some National and European projects allowing her to gain also management skills and to be involved in lecturing and science dissemination programmes.
- Santiago González, B.; Monguzzi, A; Capitani, C.; Prato, M.; Santambrogio, C.; Meinardi, F. and Brovelli, S.
Bottom‐up Synthesis and Self‐Assembly of Copper Clusters into Permanent Excimer Supramolecular Nanostructures
Angew. Chem. Int. Ed.., 2018, 57, 7051-7055.
- Villa, C.; Campione, M.; Santiago González, B.; Alessandrini, F.; Erratico, S.; Zucca, I.; Burzzone, M. G.; Forzenigo, L.; Malatesta, P.; Mauri, M.; Trombetta, E.; Brovelli, S.; Torrente, Y.; Meinardi, F. and Monguzzi, A
Self-Assembled pH-sensitive fluoromagnetic nanotubes as archetype system for multimodal imaging of brain cancer
Adv. Funct. Mater., 2018, 28, 1707582.
- Santiago González, B.; Monguzzi, A; Caputo, M.; Villa, C.; Prato, M.; Santambrogio, C.; Torrente, Y.; Meinardi, F. and Brovelli, S.
Metal Nanoclusters with Synergistically Engineered Optical and Buffering Activity of Intracellular Reactive Oxygen Species by Compositional and Supramolecular Design
Scientific Reports, 2017, 7: 5976.
- Santiago-González, B.; Monguzzi, A.; Pinchetti, V.; Casu, A.; Prato, M.; Lorenzi, R.; Campione, M.; Chiodini, N.; Santambrogio, C.; Meinardi, F ; Manna, L. and Brovelli, S.
“Quantized” doping of individual colloidal nanocrystals using size-focused metal quantum clusters
ACS Nano, 2017, 11 (6), 6233–6242
- Santiago González, B.; Monguzzi, A.; Azpiroz, J. M; Prato, M.; Erratico, S.; Campione, M.; Lorenzi, R.; Pedrini, J.; Santambrogio, C.; Torrente, Y.; De Angelis, F.; Meinardi, F. and Brovelli, S.
Permanent excimer superstructures by supramolecular networking of metal quantum clusters
Science, 2016, 353, 571-575.