Diógenes Piva is currently a Research Fellow at Nanochemistry Research Group at the International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL) in Braga. His current project focuses on synthesis of fibers and nanoparticles with different morphologies for removal of environmental contaminants.
Diógenes Piva received his PhD degree in Materials Science & Engineering from Federal University of São Carlos in 2017. After his PhD, he worked at the Department of Chemical Engineering (Brazil), Research Center on Advanced Materials and Energy (Brazil) and the Laboratoire Catalyst et Spectrochimie (France) as a postdoctoral fellow from 2018 to 2021. During this period, he focused his research on synthesis of magnetic porous nanomaterials with core-shell structures. His scientific focus is in developing new synthetic strategies for synthesis of nanomaterials and nanostructures and their use in adsorption, catalytic and photocatalytic applications.
- DIÓGENES H. PIVA; ROGER H. PIVA; MONIZE PICININI; ARIANO D. RODRIGUES; ERNESTO A. URQUIETA-GONZÁLEZ
Correlation between structural evolution and oxidative desulfurization activity for magnetically-recoverable γ-Fe2O3@SiO2 core-shell – Supported WOx nanostructure
Catalysis Communication v. 148, p 106182, 2021
- DIÓGENES HONORATO PIVA; ROGER HONORATO PIVA; CRISTIANE ALVES PEREIRA; DOMINGOS SERGIO ARAÚJO SILVAA; OSCAR RUBEM KLEGUES MONTEDO; MÁRCIO RAYMUNDO MORELLI; ERNESTO A. URQUIETA-GONZÁLEZ
Facile synthesis of WOx/ZrO2 catalysts using WO3·H2O precipitate as synthetic precursor of active tungsten species
Materials Today Chemistry 18, p 100367, 2020
- VENTURINI, JANIO; ZAMPIVA, RÚBIA YOUNG SUN; PIVA, DIÓGENES HONORATO; PIVA, ROGER HONORATO; DA CUNHA, JOÃO BATISTA MARIMON; BERGMANN, CARLOS P.
Conductivity Dynamics of Metallic-to-Insulator Transition near Room Temperature in Normal Spinel CoFe2O4 Nanoparticles
Journal of Materials Chemistry C, v. 6, p. 4720-4726, 2018
- PIVA, ROGER HONORATO; ROCHA, MARINA CAMPOS; PIVA, DIÓGENES HONORATO; MONTEDO, OSCAR RUBEM KLEGUES; IMASATO, HIDETAKE; MALAVAZI, IRAN; RODRIGUES-FILHO, UBIRAJARA PEREIRA.
Combating pathogens with Cs2.5H0.5PW12O40 nanoparticles: a new proton-regulated antimicrobial agent
Journal of Materials Chemistry B, v. 6, p. 143-152, 2018
- PIVA, D.H.; PIVA, R.H.; ROCHA, M.C.; DIAS, J.A.; MONTEDO, O.R.K.; MALAVAZI, I.; MORELLI, M.R.
Antibacterial and photocatalytic activity of ZnO nanoparticles from Zn(OH)2 dehydrated by azeotropic distillation, freeze drying, and ethanol washing
Advanced Powder Technology (Print), v. 28 (2), p. 463-472, 2017