Enrique Carbo-Argibay is currently a Staff Researcher and Electron Microscopy Facility Manager at International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL) in Braga, Portugal. He has a PhD in Physical Chemistry (2011) from the University of Vigo (Spain), where he worked on the synthesis, structural characterization and optical properties of plasmonic nanoparticles. After his PhD, he has worked as Technology Transfer Officer for 1 year before joining INL, in 2013, as a postdoctoral researcher to work on the synthesis and electron microscopy characterization of nanomaterials with optical, magnetic and catalytic properties. Subsequently, he focused his research on understanding the structure and chemical composition of doped 2D materials, by using aberration-corrected TEM/STEM coupled with EELS and EDXS techniques.
His current research is focused on correlating the atomic structure and composition of materials with their macroscopic properties by means of the use of Electron Microscopy techniques, particularly in the field of Batteries, Fuel Cells, Catalysts and 2D Materials.
- Eliran R. Hamo; Ramesh K. Singh; John C. Douglin; Sian Chen; Mohamed Ben Hassine; Enrique Carbo-Argibay; Shanfu Lu; Haining Wang; Paulo J. Ferreira; Brian A. Rosen and Dario R Dekel
Carbide-supported PtRu Catalysts for Hydrogen Oxidation Reaction in Alkaline Electrolyte
ACS Catalysis 2021, 11, XXX, 932-947
- Lixiang Liu, Jiawei Wang, Steffen Oswald, Junping Hu, Hongmei Tang, Jinhui Wang, Yin Yin, Qiongqiong Lu, Lifeng Liu, Enrique Carbo-Argibay, Shaozhuan Huang, Haiyun Dong, Libo Ma, Feng Zhu, Minshen Zhu and Oliver G. Schmidt
Decoding of Oxygen Network Distortion in a Layered High-Rate Anode by In Situ Investigation of a Single Microelectrode
ACS Nano 2020, 14, 9, 11753-11764
- Enrique Carbó‐Argibay, Benito Rodríguez‐González
Controlled Growth of Colloidal Gold Nanoparticles: Single‐Crystalline versus Multiply‐twinned Particles.
Israel Journal of Chemistry 2016, 56, 4, 214-226
- Bart Goris, Sara Bals, Wouter Van den Broek, Enrique Carbó-Argibay, Sergio Gómez-Graña, Luis M. Liz-Marzán & Gustaaf Van Tendeloo
Atomic-scale determination of surface facets in gold nanorods
Nature Materials 2012, 11, 11, 930-935
- Enrique Carbó‐Argibay, Dr. Benito Rodríguez‐González, Sergio Gómez‐Graña, Dr. Andrés Guerrero‐Martínez, Dr. Isabel Pastoriza‐Santos, Dr. Jorge Pérez‐Juste, Prof. Luis M. Liz‐Marzán
The Crystalline Structure of Gold Nanorods Revisited: Evidence for Higher‐Index Lateral Facets
Angewandte Chemie International Edition 2010, 49, 49, 9397-9400