Integrated Micro and Nanotechnologies
Joao Cunha is a Research Fellow at the Integrated Micro and Nanotechnologies group.
He obtained his MSc degree in Engineering Physics from Instituto Superior Tecnico in Portugal, with master thesis work conducted at Thales Research and Technology in France. He then joined the Advanced Concepts Team of the European Space Agency (ACT-ESA). At ACT-ESA, he worked on several research projects employing nanotechnology in the design of future spacecraft systems, including initiating solar rectenna research within ESA. He received his PhD degree in Materials Physics and Chemistry from the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences for his work on optical-to-thermal energy conversion and nanoscale photo-induced temperature profiles in plasmonic nanostructures. He has authored/co-authored several peer-reviewed publications and is a joint inventor of a granted patent.
- Cunha, J., Guo, T.-L., Della Valle, G., Koya, A. N., Proietti Zaccaria, R. & Alabastri, A.
Controlling Light, Heat, and Vibrations in Plasmonics and Phononics
Advanced Optical Materials, 2020, 8(24):202001225
- Cunha, J., Guo, T.-L., Alabastri, A. & Proietti Zaccaria, R.
Tuning Temperature Gradients in Subwavelength Plasmonic Nanocones with Tilted Illumination
Optics Letters, 2020, 45(19):5472
- Cunha, J., Guo, T.-L., Koya, A. N., Toma, A., Prato, M., Della Valle, G., Alabastri, A. & Proietti Zaccaria, R.
Photoinduced Temperature Gradients in Sub-wavelength Plasmonic Structures: The Thermoplasmonics of Nanocones
Advanced Optical Materials, 2020, 8(18):2000568
- Buencuerpo, J., Llorens, J. M., Zilio, P., Raja, W., Cunha, J., Alabastri, A., Proietti Zaccaria, R., Marti, A. & Versloot, T.
Light-trapping in photon enhanced thermionic emitters
Optics Express, 2015, 23(19):A1220-A1235
- Proietti Zaccaria, R., Tantussi, F., Mupparapu, R., Jacassi, A., De Angelis, F., Cunha, J. & Summerer, L.
A plasmonic multi-tip nano-rectenna cell. Patent EP3552299B1 (2018)
Patent EP3552299B1 (2018)