Maintenance & Installation
Miguel’s basic graduation is electrotechnical / electronics, followed by specialization in industrial electronics and automation.
He worked at Siemens S.A. and Atlas Copco de Portugal performing technical service at the costumer’s facilities doing preventive and corrective maintenance actions.
He achieved advanced knowledge in instrumentation, process control, repair and commissioning of frequency inverters, compressed air production and treatment equipment and energy optimization. He is an industrial technician for 20 years.
His role at INL is:
– Provide continuous supply requirements for operations;
– Develop preventive maintenance program together with MIM;
– Inspect operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards;
– Identify the appropriate tools, parts, and equipment for use in performing a maintenance job;
– Understand diagrams and interpret specifications including electrical, electronic, mechanical, HVAC, hydraulic, plumbing, compressed air, pneumatic, fire alarm system and others;
– Recommend and implement measures to improve maintenance methods, equipment performance and quality improvement.