10

Open Calls for Business

For entrepreneurs and companies looking for opportunities to upscale their ideas, projects or business, please check the open calls and start now your journey towards commercial success.

Open Calls

INL Incubation Program

INL provides a business acceleration program and incubation services for nanotech-based startups with global ambitions.

Service features:

  • Strong Emphasis on market needs, product and worldwide market fit;
  • Program (up to 10 start-ups) allowing for very personalized services;
  • Provides access to over 30M€ million worth of equipment;
  • Provides access to an international network of mentors (business, financial, legal and communication areas);

The Incubation at INL is oriented to high tech start-up projects incorporating nanotechnology concepts and research activities. The aim is to create optimal conditions for the development of innovative companies based on nanotechnology.

All potential entrepreneurs and early stage companies (up to 3 years) are encouraged to contact INL to evaluate their business idea and get assistance in the development of their proof of concept or prototype.

Apply here.

Nourish

NOURISH is an initiative promoted by INL (International Iberian Laboratory of Nanotechnology), co-financed by PT 2020 Program under the reference POCI-01-0246-FEDER-026767, with the objective of establishing an interactive marketplace for pilot production facilities and, simultaneously, provide rapid prototyping services in the areas of nanotechnology and advanced materials.

Eligibility Criteria:
Open to companies, startups and entrepreneurs that meet the following criteria:

  • Participants must be established in Portugal.
  • The Project must be implemented in Portugal.
  • The Project proposed must aim a solution evolving nanotechnology based concepts.
  • The Project must have a marketed oriented application in any of the applied research areas of INL: health, food and environment, information and communication technologies and renewable energy.
  • It is highly valued that Projects have demonstrated feasibility at laboratory scale (Technology Readiness level above 4).

Prize:
Projects selected will be entitled to a prize consisting of the following:

  • Mentoring support on design, technical requirements and legal issues related to product certification and intellectual property rights;
  • A sixty thousand euros (€60,000.00) of in-kind contribution to be used in services of rapid prototyping related with the implementation of the Project and to be executed within a maximum period of six months after its award.
  • Access to the European Pilot Facility Network, benefitting from all the advantages of being part of an integrated marketplace for pilot production facilities and innovation hubs.

Calls are open, apply here!

KET4Clean Production

>> OPEN CALLS for SMEs <<

KET4CleanProduction is the new program tailored to support Manufacturing SMEs to tackle clean production challenges.

The program’s Micro Grants aim to integrate Key Enabling Technologies in small businesses to promote the efficient use of resources, minimise environmental impact and increase business profitability and competitiveness.

Selected SMEs will have access to technology services and facilities for clean production innovation through a premier Network of Technology Centres.

About the Micro Grants:

Scope: Micro Grants are offered for cross-border cooperation projects between small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and minimum 2 KET technology centres (KET TCs), which aim to integrate key enabling technologies (KET) to solve clean production challenges.

Call Opening: 1st June 2018

Call Closing: 29th April 2020, 17:00 CET

Cut-off dates: 8 cut-off days at 17:00 CET on 31st July 2018, 31st October 2018, 31st January 2019, 30th April 2019, 31st July 2019, 31st October 2019, 31st January 2020, 30th April 2020

Expected Duration of a micro grant project: up to 6 months

Maximum amount of financial support for each third party: EUR 50.000 (provided as lump sum). A micro grant covers 70% of the total project costs. The remaining 30% have to be provided by the applicant SME.

Applications are now available at https://www.ket4sme.eu/micro-grants

KET4CleanProduction is funded under European Union’s Horizon 2020 Coordination and Support Action No 777441. Steinbeis 2i GmbH leads the project in partnership with 12 premier KET Technology Centres and 7 partners of the Enterprise Europe Network from 18 different European countries.