Dr Patricia Taladriz-Blanco is a Research Fellow at the International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory (INL) in Braga, Portugal. She works in the Water Quality group, and her research focuses on developing portable systems for the detection of nanoplastics, mainly by SERS spectroscopy. Her core research expertise and interests are plasmonic nanoparticles, microfluidics, plastics and bio-nano interactions.
Patricia received her PhD degree in chemistry from the University of Vigo (Spain) in 2012, and she worked as a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Campinas (Brazil), the University of Cambridge (UK), and the Adolphe Merkle Institute (Switzerland) as group leader before joining INL.
Dr Taladriz-Blanco has published 27 peer-reviewed papers (h-index=9, 333 times cited, 2 journal covers), participated in >20 international conferences and >12 research projects.
- J. Caldwell, P. Taladriz-Blanco*, B. Rothen-Rutishauser, A. Petri-Fink.
Spherical gold nanoparticle Surface Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy (SERS) substrates for the detection of Sub-Micro- and Nanoplastic particles
Nanomaterials 2021, 11, 1149
- M. Almeida, E. Susnik, B. Drasler, P. Taladriz-Blanco, A. Petri-Fink, B. Rothen-Rutishauser*.
Understanding nanoparticle endocytosis to improve targeting strategies in nanomedicine
Chem. Soc. Rev. 2021
- L. Steinmetz, C. Geers, S. Balog, M. Bonmarin, L. Rodriguez-Lorenzo, P. Taladriz-Blanco*, B. Rothen-Rutishauser, A. Petri-Fink*
A comparative study of silver nanoparticle dissolution under physiological conditions
Nanoscale Adv. 2020
- L. Steinmetz, P. Taladriz-Blanco*, C. Geers, M. Spuch-Calvar, M. Bonmarin, S. Balog, B. Rothen-Rutishauser, A. Petri-Fink*.
Lock-in thermography to analyze plasmonic nanoparticle dispersions
Part. Part. Syst. Charact. 2019, 36, 1900224
- P. Taladriz-Blanco, B. Rothen-Rutishauser, A. Petri-Fink, S. Balog*.
Versatile macroscale concentration gradients of nanoparticles in soft nanocomposites
Small 2020, 16, 1905192