cLabel+: Innovative natural, nutritious and consumer-oriented clean label food | Alimentos inovadores “clean label” naturais, nutritivos e orientados para o consumidor
cLabel + project aims to respond to the challenges that the consumer poses to the food industry. With this project, it is intended to develop processes and products that are understood by the consumer as consistent with products with natural ingredients, with limited use of additives, and that allow, due to their physical, chemical and nutritional properties, to provide the experience expected, maintaining food security.
In order for the consumer to perceive and decode the “clean label”, processes and products will be developed that will result in concrete mentions on the product labels that customers and consumers will recognize as associated with a product consistent with the “clean label” concept.
In this sense, the cLabel + project will consist of 5 PPS aimed at:
- Nutritional valorisation of products through macronutrients and processing conditions;
- Innovative solutions and “clean label” for reducing sugar and modeling the sweetening power in foods;
- Stabilization and “clean label” conservation of sauces, meat products and confectionery;
- New methodologies for the integration and optimization of the consumer response;
- Project management, dissemination and enhancement of results.
Being aligned with the Portuguese Agrofood Cluster Action Plan, this project intends to develop products and processes in a logic of transversal mobilization of human resources, with a vast curriculum and experience in the development and implementation of R&D projects in the thematic areas of cLabel+.
Total Eligible Budget
INL Eligible Budget
Type of action
SI – Programas Mobilizadores
Grant Agreement Id
POCI – PROGRAMA OPERACIONAL COMPETITIVIDADE E INTERNACIONALIZAÇÃO
Lisbon, Center and North of Portugal