Ana Ribeiro is a staff researcher of the Nanosafety Research Group, working on the development of 3D cell culture models and organ on a chip systems for the safety assessment of nanomaterials. Her research is also focused on the influence of nanomaterials on cell communication and possible systemic consequences to humans.
Ana obtained a degree in Materials Engineering (2005), and a MSc on Processing and Materials Characterization (2007) at University of Minho (Portugal). Her PhD was completed in 2012 in Biomedical Engineering at University of Porto (Portugal). She moved to Brazil to do postdoctoral research at the National Institute of Metrology Quality and Technology where she focused on the risk assessment of nanomaterials (2012-2016). In 2016 she was invited as Associate Professor of the Post-Graduation Program of Translational Biomedicine of University of Grande Rio. In 2019 she returned to Portugal and she was a Researcher at the 3B´s Research Group of the University of Minho. Ana won several funding, research awards and recognitions along with her career, she has 30 peer-reviewed papers in international journals (h-index=14), has >50 contributions to conferences (> 10 invited).
- PL Sanches, LR De Oliveira Geaquinto, R Cruz, DC Schuck, M Lorencini, J.M. Granjeiro, Ana R. Ribeiro
Toxicity evaluation of TiO2 nanoparticles on the 3D skin model: A Systematic Review8
Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology 8 (2020) 575.
- Souza, W., Piperni, S. G., Laviola, P., Rossi, A. L., Rossi, Maria Isabel D., Archanjo, Bráulio S., Leite, P. E., M. H. Fernandes, L.A. Rocha, J. M.Granjeiro, A. R. Ribeiro
The two faces of titanium dioxide nanoparticles bio-camouflage in 3D bone spheroids
Scientific Reports, 9 (2019) 9309
- P. L. Sanches, W. Souza, S. Gemini-Piperni, J. Moscoso, J. Werckmann, M. Benchimol, L. A. Rocha, J. M. Granjeiro, A. R. Ribeiro
Rutile nano-bio-interactions mediate dissimilar intracellular destiny in human skin cells
Nanoscale advances 1 (2019) 2216-2228
- A. R. Ribeiro, Arijita Mukherjee, Xuan Hu, Shayan Shafiee, Kun He, Sara Gemini-Piperni, Canhui Wang, R. F. Klie, A. F. Paes Leme, T. Shokhufar, R. Shahbazian-Yassar, R. Borojevic, L. A. Rocha, J.M. Granjeiro
Bio-camouflage of anatase nanoparticles explored by in situ high-resolution
- A. R. Ribeiro, S. Gemini, L. Teixeira, H. Cruz, F. Oliveira, A. L. Rossi, J. Werckmann, K. Anselme, T. Shokhufar, L. A. Rocha, J.M. Granjeiro
Trojan-Like Internalization of Anatase Nanoparticles by Osteoblast Cells
Scientific Reports 6 (2016) 23615