Theory of Quantum Nanostructures
Claudia Cardoso is a research fellow of the Quantum Materials, Science and Technology Department at INL. Her research is focused on the ab-initio study of 2D materials.
Claudia Cardoso has a PhD in Physics in the Physics Department of the Universidade de Lisboa, Portugal. After the PhD worked as a post-doc in the Centro de Física Computacional in the Universidade de Coimbra.
Before joining INL, Claudia Cardoso was a post-doc fellow at the S3 Center, Istituto Nanoscienze, CNR in Italy, where she studied the electronic properties of organic semiconductors and hybrid (organic-inorganic) using ab initio methods, including DFT and many body perturbation theory methods such as the GW approximation and the Bethe-Salpeter Equation.
- G. Avvisati, S. Lisi, P. Gargiani, A. Della Pia, O. De Luca, D. Pacilé, C. Cardoso, D. Varsano, D. Prezzi, A. Ferretti, and M. G. Betti
FePc Adsorption on the Moiré Superstructure of Graphene Intercalated with a Cobalt Layer
J. Phys. Chem. C, 121, 1639, 2017.
- L. Massimi, O. Ourdjini, L. Lafferentz, , M. Koch, L. Grill, E. Cavaliere, L. Gavioli, C. Cardoso, D. Prezzi, E. Molinari, A. Ferretti, C. Mariani, M. G. Betti
Surface-Assisted Reactions toward Formation of Graphene Nanoribbons on Au(110) Surface
J. Phys. Chem. C, 119, 2427, 2015
- A. Batra, D. Cvetko, G. Kladnik, O. Adak, C. Cardoso, A. Ferretti, D. Prezzi, E. Molinari, A. Morgante, L. Venkataraman.
Probing the Mechanism for Graphene Nanoribbon Formation on Gold Surfaces through Xray Spectroscopy
Chem. Sci., 5, 4419, 2014
- B. Ribeiro, M. Godinho, C. Cardoso, R. P. Borges, T. P. Gasche.
Self-doping and the role of oxygen vacancies in the magnetic properties of cubic BaFeO 3−δ
Journal of Applied Physics, 113, 083906, 2013
- B. F. Milne, F. Nogueira, C. Cardoso.
Theoretical study of heavy-atom tuning of nonlinear optical properties in group 15 derivatives of N,N,N-trimethylglycine (betaine)
Dalton Transactions, 42, 3695, 2013