2D Materials and Devices
Rui is since January 2016 a research fellow at INL working on the development of graphene based DNA Electrochemical Biosensors with Professor Pedro Alpuim. Rui holds a diploma in Industrial Chemistry from University of Beira Interior (2005) and a PhD in Electrochemistry (2012) from Durham University (UK). His PhD was funded by The Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) and was part of a project that aimed at developing “Next Generation Bio-Inspired Sensors and Smart Materials”. Rui’s contribution was on studies of electron transfer in self-assembled monolayers and bilayer lipid membranes and was done under the supervision of Prof. Ritu Kataky. Still at the department of chemistry of Durham University, Rui worked as a postdoctoral assistant on the development of biocompatible hydrogels. After that he joined the Interdisciplinary Nanoscience Centre at Aarhus University in Denmark as a postdoctoral research associate to work with Prof. Elena Ferapontova. There he stayed from 2012 to 2015 and his work was focused on the development of DNA biosensors. You can find more about Rui here.
- Electronically Addressable Nanomechanical Switching of i-Motif DNA Origami Assembled on Basal Plane HOPG, R. Campos, S. Zhang, J.M. Majikes, L.C.C. Ferraz, T.H. LaBean, M. Dong and E.E, Ferapontova*, Chem. Commun., 2015, 51, 14111-14114
- DNA-Mediated Electron Transfer in DNA Duplexes Tethered to Gold Electrodes via Phosphorothioated dA Tags, R. Campos, A. Kotlyar and E. E. Ferapontova*, Langmuir, 2014, 30, 11853–11857
- RNA Aptamer-Based Electrochemical Biosensor for Selective and Label-Free Analysis of Dopamine, E. Farjami, R. Campos, J.S. Nielsen, K.V. Gothelf, J. Kjems and E.E. Ferapontova*; Anal. Chem. 2013, 85 (1), 121–128
- Electron transport in supported and tethered lipid bilayers modified with bio-active molecules
R. Campos and R. Kataky*; J. Phys. Chem. B, 2012, 116 (13), 3909–3917
- Liposome-doped hydrogel for implantable tissue, A. Suri, R. Campos, D.G. Rackus, N.J. Spiller, C. Richardson, L.-O. Pålsson and R. Kataky*, Soft Matter, 2011, 7, 7071-7077