Nanomaterials for Energy Storage and Conversion
Lifeng Liu is currently the Leader of the Nanomaterials for Energy Storage and Conversion (NESC) group at INL. His group has been working on the development of new nanostructured materials and their applications in electrochemical energy storage and conversion including water splitting, solar fuel production, rechargeable batteries, and supercapacitors.
Lifeng Liu has a PhD degree in Condensed Matter Physics from the Chinese Academy of Sciences and did his post-doctoral work at Max Planck Institute of Microstructure Physics during 2007-2009. Before joining INL in 2011, He was a staff scientist and group leader at Max-Planck Institute of Microstructure Physics. He was the recipient of FCT Investigator Grant 2014, Young Researcher Award 2015 by the Portuguese Electrochemical Society, the Scientist Medal 2018 by the International Association of Advanced Materials (IAAM), and the Emerging Investigator 2019 elected by RSC journal “Chemical Communications”.
• Advanced electrocatalysts for water electrolysis and electrochemical CO2 reduction
• Solar fuels
• Advanced electrode materials for next generation rechargeable lithium batteries
• Post-lithium batteries (sodium, potassium, and aqueous zinc)
• Advanced electrode materials for supercapacitors
- J.Y. Xu, J. J. Li, Z. Lian, A. Araujo, Y. Li, B. Wei, Z. P. Yu, O. Bondarchuk, I. Amorim, V. Tileli, B. Li, Lifeng Liu*
Atomic-step enriched ruthenium-iridium nanocrystals anchored homogeneously on MOF-derived support for efficient and stable oxygen evolution in acidic and neutral media
ACS Catalysis 2021, 11, 3402-3413.
- Y. Li, B. Wei, Z. P. Yu, O. Bondarchuk, A. Araujo, I. Amorim, J. Y. Xu,* I. C. Neves, Lifeng Liu,*
Bifunctional porous cobalt phosphide foam for high-current-density alkaline water splitting with 4000-h long stability
ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng. 2020, 8, 10193.
- S. M. Thalluri, L. C. Bai, C. C. Lv, Z. P. Huang,* X. L. Hu,* Lifeng Liu*
Strategies for semiconductor/electrocatalysts coupling toward solar-driven water splitting
Adv. Sci. 2020, 1902102.
- N. Zhang, Y. F. Li, J. Y. Xu, J. J. Li, B. Wei, I. Amorim, R. Thomas, S. M. Thalluri, Y. Y. Liu, G. H. Yu, Lifeng Liu*
High performance flexible solid-state asymmetric supercapacitors based on bi-metallic transition metal phosphide nanocrystals
ACS Nano 2019 13, 10612
- J. Y. Xu, T. F. Liu, J. J. Li, Y. F. Liu, B. S. Zhang, D. H. Xiong, I. Amorim, S. M. Thalluri, W. Li and Lifeng Liu*,
Boosting the hydrogen evolution performance of ruthenium clusters through synergistic coupling with cobalt phosphide
Energy Environ. Sci. 2018, 11, 1819