2D Materials and Devices
Pedro Alpuim is group leader in 2D Materials and Devices at INL. He works in CVD and 2D materials device fabrication, with the emphasis in biosensors. In particular, he develops graphene devices to detect biomarkers for medicine and for environmental monitoring. Optoelectronic devices based on transition-metal di-chalcogenides for light detection and solar energy conversion are also within his research interests.
P. Alpuim is a professor in the Physics Department of the University of Minho (UM), where he teaches graduate and undergraduate courses on the physics of electronic devices, nanotechnology, and clean-room fabrication.
He received a PhD degree in Materials Engineering from IST Lisbon in 2003, working in amorphous silicon thin film devices for flexible electronics, and a Master degree in Physics from the UM. He installed a thin-film laboratory at UM where he focused on fabrication of thin-film silicon solar cells, piezoresistive sensor arrays for health care, and thermoelectric junctions of telluride compounds for micro-cooling and energy scavenging. He published more than 80 papers in peer-reviewed journals and has h-index=22.
- Rui Campos, Jérôme Borme, Joana Rafaela Guerreiro, George Luiz Machado Jr, Maria Fátima Cerqueira, Dmitri Y Petrovykh, and Pedro Alpuim
Attomolar label-free detection of DNA hybridization with electrolyte-gated graphene field-effect transistors ACS Sensors 4 (2019) 286-293
- Elisabete Fernandes, Patrícia D. Cabral, Rui Campos, George Machado, M. Fátima Cerqueira, Cláudia Sousa, Paulo P. Freitas, Jérôme Borme, Dmitri Y. Petrovykh, Pedro Alpuim
Functionalization of single-layer graphene for immunoassays
Applied Surface Science 480 (2019) 709-716
- Gil Gonçalves, Jérôme Borme, Igor Bdkin, Ankor González-Mayorga, Gonzalo Irurueta, Helena I.S. Nogueira, María C. Serrano, Pedro Alpuim, Paula A.A.P. Marques
Reductive nanometric patterning of graphene oxide paper using electron beam lithography
Carbon 129 (2018) 63-75
- E. Marins, M. Warzecha, S. Micharda, J. Hotovy, W. Böttler, P. Alpuim, F. Finger
Flexible n-i-p thin film silicon solar cells on polyimide foils with textured ZnO:Ga back reflector
Thin Solid Films 571 (A) (2014) 9-12
- P. Alpuim, J. Gaspar, P. Gieschke, C. Ehling, J. Kistner, N. J. Gonçalves, M. I. Vasilevskiy, O. Paul
Study of the piezoresistivity of doped nanocrystalline silicon thin films
Appl. Phys. 109 (12) 123717 (2011)