Siva Sankar Nemala
2D Materials and devices
Siva Sankar Nemala is a material scientist and physicist with broad experience in the exfoliation of graphene and 2D materials and their applications in various fields. He joined INL in 2021 as a Research Fellow at 2D Materials and Devices, Quantum & Energy Materials. His work is focused on exfoliation of novel 2D nanomaterials and composites for Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) shielding and energy harvesting and storage applications.
Prior to joining INL, he worked in the Physics discipline at Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar (IIT Gandhinagar), Gujarat, India as a National Post-doctoral fellow funded by Science and Engineering Research Board under the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India. Here he worked on printable electrodes based on liquid phase exfoliated graphene for energy storage applications.
He obtained his both Bachelors and Masters from Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, India. Later, he completed M.Tech. in nanotechnology with energy Specialization from Pondicherry Central University, Puducherry, India. Afterwards, he received his Ph.D. from Metallurgical Engineering and Materials Science (MEMS) department at Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay), Mumbai, India. His Ph.D. thesis on “Graphene synthesis by liquid phase exfoliation methods for photovoltaic application” under the supervision of Prof. Parag Bhargava, Prof. Sudhanshu Mallick and Dr. Siva Sambu Bohm.
- Siva Sankar Nemala, Purnendu Kartikay, Sateesh Prathapani, Parag Bhargava, H. L. Mallika Bohm, Sudhanshu Mallick & Sivasambu Bohm
Liquid phase high shear exfoliated graphene nanoplatelets as counter electrode material for dye-sensitized solar cells
Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 2017, 499, 9-16.
- Siva Sankar Nemala, Purnendu Kartikay, Karanveer Aneja, Parag Bhargava, H. L. Mallika Bohm, Sivasambu Bohm and Sudhanshu Mallick
Novel high pressure exfoliated graphene-based semi-transparent stable DSSCs for building integrated photovoltaic
ACS Applied Energy Materials, 2018, 1 (6), 2512–2519.
- Siva Sankar Nemala, Purnendu Kartikay, Rahul Agrawal, Parag Bhargava, Sudhanshu Mallick and Sivasambu Bohm
Few layers graphene based conductive composite inks for Pt free stainless steel counter electrodes for DSSC
Solar Energy, 2018, 169, 67-74
- Siva Sankar Nemala, Karanveer S. Aneja, Parag Bhargava, H. L. Mallika Bohm, Sudhanshu Mallick and Sivasambu Bohm
Novel high pressure airless spray exfoliation method for graphene nanoplatelets as a stable counter electrode in DSSC
Electrochimica Acta, 2018, 285, 86-93
- Debananda Mohapatra, Siva Sankar Nemala*, Mostafa Saad Sayed, Jae-Jin Shim, Sudhanshu Mallick, Parag Bhargava, Smrutiranjan Parida
Carbon nano-onion-powered optically transparent and economical dye-sensitized solar cells
Nanoscale, 2020, 12(40), 20621-20630