Victor’s mission at INL is to provide hands-on technical expertise on advanced systems and techniques to INL researchers and external entities and promote the development of novel experimental approaches to advance the research programs at INL.
He is graduated in Physics, having a large experience in using and developing scientific instrumentation.
He finished a PhD in surface science in 2007 and worked as a research engineer.
The main scientific techniques where he has broad experience are:
- Raman and fluorescence spectroscopy;
- Angular resolved photoemission electron spectroscopy (ARPES);
- Ion beam analysis techniques (RBS, ERDA, NRA).
On the technical side, his experience extends on:
- Instrumentation developments (data acquisition and control, hardware and software, beamlines updates);
- Experiment and data analysis support;
- Equipment operation and maintenance (scientific instruments, vacuum technology, thin films deposition, electronics, software);
- Teaching activities (on-site training and presentations, e-learning).